OpenRent is the way people rent property online. Our platform empowers landlords and tenants to arrange successful tenancies quickly, cheaply, and efficiently. We’re dedicated to fixing an industry tarnished by rip-off agencies. Thanks to an unrelenting focus on technology and the customer experience, we now let more properties than any high street agency in the UK and continue to grow rapidly.
Although we’ve grown our user base to a vast 3.0 million users, we’re very much of the startup mindset - a close-knit team of around 20 looking to transform an industry and have fun while we’re doing it. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a small team who are having a huge impact and building a household name brand.
About The Role
We’re looking for an ambitious and organised individual to join us as our Head of People to help build and scale OpenRent’s culture, and make sure we remain a fun and inclusive place to work as we grow.
As you would expect when joining a fast growing tech startup, the tasks and challenges you will face are varied, there is a massive opportunity to develop skills across a range of functions, and you can quickly have meaningful and lasting impact.
This is a key hire for us; you will be working closely with the founders and given support and freedom to continuously improve employee satisfaction while recruiting high performing new joiners into the team.
The role is naturally broad but areas of focus are:
- Creating a pleasant and fun physical work environment - whether in office or remote
- Designing and managing benefits, policies, perks and team activities
- Keeping the team productive and motivated through onboarding, appraisals, check-ins and personal development
- Taking charge of recruitment through sourcing, screening, interviewing and offering
We don’t expect you to have previous experience in all of the above, but we do want you to be interested in getting stuck in and eager to learn!
The Ideal Candidate
- Enthusiastic about working in a startup environment.
- Well organised and proactive
- Creative and confident in trying new ideas and approaches
- Hands on - prepared to get stuck in
- Enjoys the variety and ambiguity of a fast paced environment
- Passionate about our mission to fix renting for landlords and tenants alike.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have you received funding?
We run OpenRent at a profit, but also have backing from some of the largest VCs in the world. As such, we have an extremely solid foundation to build from.
- Location: London
- Working hours: Full Time
- Salary: £30k – £50k
- Equity: 0.00% - 0.25%
- Bonus: Paid Quarterly
- Work alongside supportive, high-performing colleagues
- Monthly team events
- Weekly team lunches
- Holidays encouraged (seriously)
- Company pension
- Flexible working hours
- Free office drinks + snacks
- Weekly yoga sessions
- In-office massage
- Annual company away weekend
- Work in the bright OpenRent office in Brixton (lots of great lunch options nearby!)
- The genuine ability to add to this list...