Landlord Gas Safety Certificates & Heating Servicing

Who Has to Get a Gas Safety (CP12) Certificate?

UK landlords with gas appliances and fittings – including central heating, boilers and flues – must conduct an annual safety check conducted by a Gas Safe engineer. If you are unsure whether the Gas Safety Regulations Act (1998) applies to you, you can find out on the government’s Health And Safety Executive (HSE) website.

If you are a landlord however, it is very likely that these laws do apply to you. You must keep record of the safety check for two years and supply new tenants with a copy of the certificate before they move in and within 28 days of completing a new check.

OpenRent Gas Engineers & Appliance Check Services

OpenRent have teamed up with gas service engineers up and down the country to provide a comprehensive UK gas safety service designed to meet landlords’ obligations. We use our position as the UK’s biggest letting agent to negotiate unbeatably low pricing for our 70,000 landlords.


from only

Gas Safety Certificate (CP12)

Gas Safe Registered Engineer
Digitally Accessible Certificate
Only £10 per additional appliance
Only 2 Working Days Notice Required



Boiler Service

Gas Safe Registered Engineer
Digitally Accessible Certificate
Full Boiler service as recommended by manufacturer
Detailed Boiler Service Report

Total Peace of Mind

Our landlord services are designed to ensure you meet your legal obligations quickly, cheaply and with as little fuss as possible. We only use gas and heating engineers who are on the Gas Safe register, so you can be sure your property is in the best hands.

If an engineer is not available on your required date or time, we will give you a full refund. Our customer support team is ready to deal with any questions and queries.

Order your gas service engineer today!

Purchase Gas Safety Services

Which Gas Appliances Need to Be Checked?

You legal duties as a landlord cover any gas appliance that you own and provide for the use the tenants of your property. If the tenant supplies their own gas appliances, then you will be responsible for its installation parts and pipework, but not the appliance itself.

Is it OK to Only Have a Digital Record of My Gas Safety Certificate (CP12)?

Yes! It is perfectly acceptable to have keep the records of your gas inspection electronically – and many landlords find it far more convenient.

As long as you can produce a hard copy when needed (such as when new tenants are moving in), you keep it safe (i.e. you don’t delete if from your electronic records) and it uniquely identifies the engineer (e.g. with a signature), having only an electronic copy is absolutely fine. If sharing an electronic copy with your tenants, be sure they first have the means to access it.

Product Breakdown

OpenRent Gas Safety Certificate £45
Gas Safe Registered Engineer Call Out
Digitally Accessible Gas Safety Certificate (CP12)
Booking Availability
Engineers normally work 8am-6pm
Evenings & Saturdays possible depending on availability.
If engineer not available, full refund provided.
Monday - Friday
(Exact time of inspection will be confirmed after booking)
Lead Time
Available with 2 days notice
Gas Safety Certificate For Boiler
Cost for each additional appliance
(Optional) Add Boiler Service
- FULL Boiler service as recommended by manufacturers and to manufacturer spec
- Detailed Boiler Service report provided
+ £45
View Sample

Looking for other landlord services?

All OpenRent services are visible on our Pricing Page. Choose from:

  • Property Advertising services
  • Tenant Credit Checks & Referencing
  • Electrical Safety
  • Inventory services and more!

You can purchase each service as a standalone item with no obligation to use any other.

View Our Full Product Pricing Page