This property has now been taken off the market (as of 15 November 2019).
Room in a Shared House, Withindale Lane, CO10
The property benefits from off street parking, gas central heating (the boiler is newish) and a fruitful apple and pear orchard.
The rent includes the bills. Breaking these down (for comparison with properties where rent does not include the bills) and amortising between a putative four entities the council tax comes to £61 per month, the water bill £8 per month, the power bill circa £53 for electricity and circa £37 for gas plus £19 for the (radio) internet and £25 for gardening, being £203 per entity for all the bills.
The property is shared with the thirty-something lady fire breather, hoop-performing-elf, lodger and her thirty something entrepreneur partner, the fifty something gentleman inventor landlord (M.A. Cantab), the twenty-something telecommunications engineer and the forty something Antipodean Reverend Doctor software-monk-engineer-lawyer. For your information board gamers would not, by a significant minority of the inhabitants, be frowned on and nor would piano players, libertarians, high calibre software engineers, or physicists, in need of a messianic project, history graduates or singers.
The room is not offered to couples as at today due to the 1947 Town and Country Planning Act although this constraint should be lifted soon as an appropriate planning permission, including conditions, has been granted such that approval is now only pending only the provision of some documents so couples need, hopefully, not be deterred. Naturally prospective lodgers will have to pass the entrance examination which will test knowledge of such matters as whether or not the idea of a citizen's income is evil and what was the origin of World War One?
GROUND FLOOR (320 Square metres)
- The music room is 4.0 metres (east west) x 5.8 metres (north south) (23 square)
- The kitchen is 5.0 metres x 4.4 metres (20 square)
- The breakfast room is x 6.0 metres x 4.4 metres (26 square)
- The cloakroom is 3.1 metres (east west) x 2.1 metres (6 square)
- The library is 5.3 metres x 4.4 metres (23 square)
- The reception is 5.9 metres x 5.1 metres (30 square)
- The atrium is 4.2 metres (east west) x 10.6 metres (north south) (45 square)
- The pool room is 7.9 metres x 10.6 metres (84 square)
- The secondary kitchen is 4.8 metres x 2.4 metres (12 square)
- The shower room is 4.8 metres x 8.0 metres (38 square)
- The cloak room is 3.0 mertres x 1.4 metres (4 square)
- Cellar 3.2 metres x 5.3 metres (15 square)
- The dressing room 4.3 metres x 2.8 metres(12 square)
- The master bedroom 5.2 metres x 6.1 metres (32 square)
- The en suite bathroom 2.0 metres x 4.0 metres (8 square)
- The family bathroom 2.3 metres x 4.0 metres (9 square)
- The Starboard Nacelle (south east bedroom) 4.2 metres x 4.0 metres (17 square)
- The Port Nacelle (south west bedroom) 4.0 metres x 4.0 metres (17 square)
- The en suite 1.5 metres by 4.1 metres (6 square)
- The Impulse Engine Room (north west bedroom) 4.0 metres x 3.1 metres (12 square)
- The north west bedroom en suite bathroom 1.3 metres x 2.8 metres (4 square)
The room to rent with the shared bathroom is the Music Room (480 GBP). It is 4.0 metres x 5.8 metres (23 square). The room faces north north west and looks over the Stour river as it flows toward (and under) the building (next door). It has a bathroom shared with four others but it is (at 9 square metres) the finest bathroom in the house. The room benefits from a baby grand piano (which could however be moved), a double bed and a fine and working fire place.
Rent is payable two months in advance but there will be no deposit taken. For payment six or more months in advance there will be a 2% discount and for payment one year in advance a 5% discount.
Price & Bills
|Broadband||Prices & Availability|
|Minimum Tenancy||9 Months|
|EPC Not Required||Shared Accomodation|