Electrical Safety Certificates for Landlords

Order EICR or PAT

Order With Confidence

Since the 1st April 2021 all rental properties in England and Scotland are legally required to have an Electrical Installation Condition Report.

OpenRent have teamed up with electricians up and down the country to provide a comprehensive UK electrical safety testing service specifically designed to meet landlords’ legal safety obligations.

We use our position as the UK’s biggest letting agent to negotiate incredibly low pricing for our 3.9 million landlords and tenants.

Electrical Installation Condition Report

One-off payment + £10 per bedroom:

£159Inc. VAT

  • Mandatory in England and Scotland
  • Certification lasts 5 years
  • Digitally Accessible Certificate
  • Testing fuses & circuit breakers
  • Engineer compliant to carry out work in accordance with UK law
Portable Appliance Testing

One-off payment:

£69Inc. VAT

  • Recommended annually
  • Up To 10 Electrical Appliances Included
  • Free plug and fuse replacements
  • Minor faults corrected and appliance retested
  • Digitally Accessible Certificate of Electrical Safety
  • Engineer compliant to carry out work in accordance with UK law

Total Peace of Mind

All rental properties in England and Scotland are legally required to have an EICR. Across the UK, it the landlord's legal duty to ensure all electrical equipment in your property is safe and maintained throughout the whole tenancy. This responsibility covers light fixtures and plugs, as well as internal wiring.

An electrical installation includes all fixed electrical equipment that is supplied through your property’s electricity meter. Just like other features of your property, electrical installations deteriorate and face wear and tear, so need to be properly maintained.

Failure to do so can lead to prosecution and also invalidates most landlord insurance policies. For the safety of your tenants and your business, it is important to get regular electrical safety certification.

Our landlord services are designed to ensure you meet your legal obligations quickly, cheaply and with as little fuss as possible.

OpenRent Landlord
5 Stars

"OpenRent is an extremely well organised company"

PAT tests, gas certificates & insurance can all be arranged through them. They take 90% of the stress out of being a landlord and keep all your records in one place.

Electrical Installation Condition Report

Getting a periodic inspection of your electrical installations via an Electric Installation Condition Report is a legal requirement in England and Scotland.

Your EICR will be carried out by a registered electrician. The inspection will check the condition of your property’s wiring, look for wear & tear and see if your property’s electrical installations pose any shock or fire hazards. You will then receive a certificate (EICR) from the electrician.

  • How Often Do I Need to Carry Out a Condition Report?

  • What are the requirements in Wales and Northern Ireland?

  • What are the requirements in Houses with Multiple Occupancy (HMOs)?

  • What are the consequences of not having electrical certificates?

  • Product Breakdown

About PAT Testing

Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) is the checking of the safety of portable (as opposed to fixed) electrical appliances in your property. Confusingly, portable appliances include stationary equipment like fridges and washing machines, as well as things like TVs, kettles and space heaters.

Getting these appliance tested with a PAT is a great way to ensure and prove their safety, allowing you to efficiently fulfil your duties as a landlord.

  • How Often Do I Need to Inspect my Portable Electrical Appliances?

  • Do you need PAT Testing for Houses with Multiple Occupancy (HMOs)?

  • Product Breakdown