This property has now been taken off the market (as of 01 July 2020).
4 Bed End Terrace, Aplins Close, AL5
A delightful bright & sunny 4 bedroom house, set in a quiet central location in the thriving town of Harpenden. Ideal for commuters, Harpenden station is approximately 15 minutes' walk away (regular Thameslink services to St Pancras International take approximately 25 mins) and the house is also a very short walk from Harpenden High Street. Three outstanding state secondary schools - St George's, Roundwood Park and Sir John Lawes - are all within easy walking distance, along with a number of state primary schools including St Nicholas, Harpenden Academy, Roundwood, St Dominic and Manland, as well as St Hilda's prep school for girls.
The house benefits from a recent extension and is ideal for professional sharers, downsizers and families alike. It is decorated in white and neutral tones, with floor tiles and neutral carpeting throughout and comprises:
- Entrance hall
- Downstairs loo
- Light and spacious living room with two bay windows
- Sliding double doors opening onto an open-plan dining area and contemporary kitchen, featuring white base and wall units, washer/dryer, American-style fridge/freezer, double oven & warming drawer and dishwasher
- Spacious double bedroom with plenty of built-in wardrobes and an en-suite shower room (NB: this room could also be used as an additional reception room or playroom)
- 3 further bedrooms (2 doubles, 1 single)
- Large family bathroom with bath and separate shower
- Large storage cupboard into the eaves (accessed from bedroom 2)
- Additional storage space in the loft
- Off-street parking for 3 cars
- A private sunny enclosed rear garden with side access, and further gardens to the side and front of the house
- Two garden sheds and a further lean-to shed
Harpenden is a great place to live, with an excellent range of local shops, bars, restaurants and cafes, Waitrose and Sainsbury's supermarkets, a good range of leisure facilities (tennis, cricket, rugby, squash, football, gym, swimming pool, etc.) and easy access to open countryside.
More extensive shopping facilities can be found in nearby St Albans, Welwyn Garden City and Luton, and London Luton Airport is around 15 mins away by car or taxi. The town's excellent state primary and secondary schools are a big draw, and the area also offers some great private school options. There is also a wide range of nurseries for young children.
Approximate walking times to local schools:
7 mins - St Hilda's girls prep school; 10 mins - St Nicholas Primary School; 12 mins - St George's School; 13 mins - Harpenden Academy; 15 mins - Roundwood Park School; 15 mins - Roundwood Primary School; 17 mins - St Dominic Primary School; 20 mins - Manland Primary School; 20 mins - Sir John Lawes School.
Long-term tenancies welcome.
Price & Bills
|Broadband||Prices & Availability|
|DSS Income Accepted|
|Minimum Tenancy||12 Months|