This property has now been taken off the market (as of 11 July 2019).
Room in a Shared House, Bells Court, CB3
Located 150 metres from Magdalene College Porters Lodge on Castle Hill opposite the Castle Mound. Modernised in 2006 with:
- gas fired central heating
- limestone ground floor front room floor
- fitted kitchen
• The limestone floor in the kitchen was replaced with a porcelain floor (for easier cleaning)
• The old combination boiler was replaced with new Worcester combination boiler
• The kitchen and the Captain's Cabin were redecorated
• A fridge freezer was added to the existing fridge in the kitchen in July 2017
• A new hand basin was installed in the bathroom with slightly improved plumbing in July 2018.
Please Note This Is A Room In A Shared Accommodation.
The property is shared with three other tenants (one twenty something gentleman student unionist, one gentleman third year University of Cambridge undergraduate, one forty something gentleman computer games artist) and the landlord in the kitchen, bathroom or back yard from time to time. Rent is paid three months in advance (though there is no deposit) with the first three months due to complete the contract and then recurring payments monthly thereafter commencing from month two with no payments, therefore, at the back end of the term of the contract.
Owing to the elegant sufficiency of space in the house and in particular the presence of just one bathroom, in other words for the benefit of the other inhabitants, the room is not offered to couples.
- The Captain's Cabin is also, from 31-Jul-19 (for GBP 500), available. The Captain’s cabin is 2.1 x 3.2 metres (6.7 square metres) has a pine floor with Persian carpets. A 2.2 x 0.92 m Japanese style bed (so 15% longer than a single and 2% wider). The room benefits from a built in L shaped desk, wardrobe, port hole window, dormer window over looking the roof of King’s College (albeit at a distance) central heating and air conditioning. Arguably the room is less suited to those of great height. For payment 12 months in advance a 4% discount would be offered. For payment 8-11 months in advance a 3% discount would be offered for payment 6-7 months in advance a 2% discount.
- No DSS
- No smokers
- No pets
- Students accepted
- Nine months minimum tenancy
- Rent is payable three months in advance
- No deposit
The rent includes all the bills. Were these amortised between a putative four inhabitants and charged separately they would amount to £36 per month (council tax), £12 per month (electricity), £19 per month (gas), £12 per month (internet), £10 per month (water and sewage) so for comparison with equivalent properties where all bills are not included you could allow for £89 per month saved.
Price & Bills
|Broadband||Prices & Availability|
|Available From||31 July, 2019|
|Minimum Tenancy||9 Months|
|EPC Not Required||Shared Accomodation|