We’re looking for an ambitious Head of Marketing to take charge of growing awareness and usage of OpenRent, the UK’s largest letting agent.
You will be responsible for a significant budget and will manage all marketing activities including digital, SEO, PR and offline campaigns (e.g. TV, outdoor or print). It’s a broad remit and you’ll have ambitious targets but the good news is that we already have a great product and millions of landlords and tenants who love using OpenRent.
We’re still a small, close-knit team so you should be both a strong individual contributor and an effective manager. You also need to be genuinely interested in transforming an industry.
This is a key role for us so you’ll be working closely with the founders. We’ll offer a competitive salary and you’ll be eligible for our quarterly bonus scheme and significant share options. We want you to benefit financially from our rapid growth and success.
OpenRent is the way people rent property online – a force for good in an industry tarnished by rip-off agencies. Enabled by an unrelenting focus on technology, we now let more properties than any other agency in the UK, high-street or online.
Over the last 12 months, we have let over £11.5 billion worth of property to over a million registered users, but we know the opportunity is much bigger. Your focus will be turbocharging our growth and turning OpenRent into a household name. Check out our recent press coverage to find out more.
This is an exciting and challenging position that requires strategic thinking combined with creativity and a willingness to get your hands dirty. Your main responsibilities will be:
- Overseeing brand positioning and messaging for both landlords and tenants
- Allocating a significant marketing budget across channels efficiently
- Develop bold campaigns to build awareness, including through offline channels
- Test new direct response channels while driving those that are already working
- Work with product team to ensure we remain close to our customers and use the resulting insights to help develop the product roadmap and marketing activities
We’re open-minded but some of the key things we will look for are:
- At least 3 - 5 years relevant experience – ideally in another high-growth company
- Knowledge of both brand and performance channels – e.g. OOH and AdWords
- Recent hands-on experience – you’ll be working in a small team so you need to be a doer, not just a thinker
- Location: London
- Working hours: Full Time
- Salary: £60k – £100k
- Equity: 0.00% - 0.25%
- Work alongside supportive, high-performing colleagues
- Monthly team events
- Weekly team lunches
- Holidays encouraged (seriously)
- Pension contributions
- Flexible working hours
- Free office drinks + snacks
- Weekly yoga sessions
- In-office massage
- Annual company away weekend
- Work in the bright OpenRent office in Brixton (lots of great lunch options nearby!)
- The genuine ability to add to this list...